- Putting the Truth to Work - Daniel Doriani: If you really want to plunge right in, Doriani's book is probably the best work out there on applying the biblical text. I spent most of my Christmas' holidays reading it and found it immensely helpful.

- Dig Deeper - Nigel Benyon & Andrew Sach: Some of you already have this book, and there is an excellent chapter in there called the "So what?" tool. (N.B. Benyon and Sach suggest that there are two main areas for application: action and attitude. So, some questions to ask are: Do I need to stop doing something?/ Is there some aspect of my behaviour that must change?/ Is there something new I should start doing?/ and, how does this passage tell me to think?)

- One to One - Sophie Peace: In the sample studies that Sophie gives you'll find some excellent examples of what application questions actually look like in a bible study.
Colin



No comments:
Post a Comment